AutoNumbers For ACT! Records
» What's new in this version
Automatically number your ACT! records (contacts, companies, groups or opportunities) at time of creation or once they are created. Perfect for numbering customers, contracts, quotes, invoices, etc.
Flexible autonumber syntax
Your autonumber may contain an automatically incremented number, one or more fields (or part of fields) and system variables (date, time). Our simple-to-use syntax editor makes it easy to design your syntax. Several formatting functions are available to convert to uppercase, lowercase, convert to initials, remove spaces, etc.
Three run modes
AutoNumbers for ACT! records may be run in three modes:
- automatic mode at time of record creation
- manual mode through a button in the layout for the current record
- manual mode through the add-on interface for the current record or current lookup (contacts and opportunities only)
With or without confirmation screen
Whether in automatic or manual mode (for the current record), you have the option to get a confirmation screen which allows you to check and eventually edit your autonumber before it is assigned to the target field.
What's new in the version for ACT! 2010 and up
- You can now create as many AutoNumbers you want: you are not limited to 1 per type of record anymore.
- You can now add a button to your layout to run your AutoNumbers.
- Your AutoNumbers now have an overwrite property that you can set to Never overwrite to protect your records already numbered.
- You now have the ability to lookup records that are already numbered or not numbered.
- You now have access to online help through the Help>Online help menu.
» The best way to discover this add-on
is to browse its online help