Automatic Field Calculations
» What's new in this version
Automatic Field Calculations is the add-on you need if you want to make calculations involving ACT! fields. Calculations may be triggered automatically when you change the value a field. This way, your calculated fields are always up-to-date.
Automatic Field Calculations allows you to run multiple calculations at once for the current contact, company, group and opportunity or for the current contact or opportunity lookup.
With more than 50 functions
(date/time, string, conditional, financial...)
Automatic Field Calculations allows you
to perform the calculations you want
Here are a few examples of what can be done with Automatic Field Calculations:
- Use an If statement to populate a field
(ex: if FieldA=valueA then FieldB=valueB else FieldB=valueC, etc.)
Functions can be nested inside other functions, so you could make it as complicated as you want (ex: if FieldA+FieldB=valueA then if FieldC=valueC then FieldD=valueD, etc.)
- Copy the content of a field to another field
- Launch an outside program or document
- Format a number
- Calculate an age
- Blank out a field
And all the calculations you can imagine using more than 50 functions! Date/Time, String, Mathematical, Conditional, Statistical, Financial functions.
Case, In and Between functions make your conditions easier to write.
Calculations and assignment management can be restricted to Admin users.
Commented examples are accessible from the Syntax editor window for easy copy and paste in the editor.
What's new in the version for ACT! 2010
- You can now run calculations involving opportunity fields, as Automatic Field Calculations works in the new Opportunity Detail screen.
- Adding a button to the layout is now easier as you now have a real calculation button to insert in the layouts.
- You can now access the calculation or series editor by right-clicking calculation buttons in the layout.
- You now have access to online help through the Help>Online help menu.
» The best way to discover this add-on
is to browse its online help
Additional information found at BestACTAddons.com