Advanced Excel Templates II
» What's new in this version
Advanced Excel Templates II for ACT! is the latest generation of our best selling Advanced Excel Templates add-on that makes the creation of document in Excel or PDF format a snap.
If you are able to create a Word template with ACT!, you are able to create an Advanced Excel Template. We made it as simple as possible, mimicking the way you create templates in MS Word or in ACT! Word Processor.
Create your own templates in minutes
Launch Advanced Excel Templates II, click File>New Template and the program will open a new document in Excel with a pane window allowing you to insert ACT! field placeholders in the spreadsheet.
Once this is done, save and you have your new template. You're ready to go!
Merging a document is a 2 simple step process
- You select the record in ACT!
- You launch Advanced Excel Templates II, pick a template and click OK.
Automatically number your documents
with our AutoNumbering system
AutoNumber your documents
With our AutoNumbering system, you may define as many automatic number formats as you want, one for your quotes, one for your invoices and select it when generating your document.
You may also want to look at our AutoNumbers for ACT! Record add-on which, among other features, allows you to automatically autonumbers your opportunities at creation time.
Use Excel as a calculator!
You may even use the power of Excel to perform calculations and update one or more of the current contact fields with the result of the calculation. Let's say you want to add User1 and User2 and put the total in User3. You could export User1 and User2 to Excel, have Excel calculate the sum and return it to the User3 field. All you need to do is insert an Excel->ACT field in your template.
How is it different from Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II?
Advanced Excel Templates II exports data from either the Contact table or the Company table or the Group table or the Opportunity table but cannot combine data from 2 tables (a workaround could be to use Copy Data Between Records). Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II is designed to export Contact + Opportunity or Company + Opportunity or Group + Opportunity data to Excel.
As a consequence, another difference is that Advanced Excel Templates II has the ability to export more than one record at a time (for instance you can create 10 documents with data from 10 different contacts at once), but not Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II (you can create a quote or invoice with multiple opportunities and products but not multiple quotes or invoices at once).
What's new in Advanced Excel Templates II
- You can now directly create (and attach) your document in PDF format.
- The add-on is a lot faster to scan templates and merge data.
- Settings are now template specific: ie. naming convention, type of attachments, default autonumber.
- Templates are regular Excel files. They do not contain macros anymore. They don't have to have a special extension anymore. So you don't need to convert existing files anymore. You can simply add field placeholders in any Excel file.
- Please note that it does not support updating of ACT! without opening Excel anymore. For bi-directional templates, You need to select the Open in Excel option and once Excel opened, you need to click the Transfer Mapped Data to ACT! button to update ACT!.
» The best way to discover this add-on
is to browse its online help