Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II
» What's new in this version
Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II for ACT! is the latest generation of our best selling Excel Quote-Invoice Maker add-on that makes the creation of quotes and invoices in Excel or PDF format a snap.
If your data is already in ACT!
you won't have to retype it. Promise!
So simple you won't believe it
It is a simple 3 step process:
- You select the contact in ACT!
- You open Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II and pick a template
- You select the sales/opportunities you want to include in the document and click OK.
Create your own templates in minutes
Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II for ACT! makes creating templates a very simple process: in fact, it is as easy as creating a Word template from ACT! All you have to do is select a cell, pick the field you want to insert and click the Insert button.
If you have already created your own templates in Excel, simply edit them from the add-on and add the field placeholders.
Look at an invoice created with Quote/Invoice Maker II.
AutoNumber your documents
Automatically number your documents
with our AutoNumbering system
With our AutoNumbering system, you may define as many automatic number formats as you want, one for your quotes, one for your invoices and select it when generating your document.
You may also want to look at our AutoNumbers for ACT! Record add-on which, among other features, allows you to automatically autonumbers your opportunities at creation time.
Use Excel as a calculator!
You may even use the power of Excel to perform calculations and update ACT! with the result of a calculation. Let's say you want to add User1 and User2 and put the total in User3. You could export User1 and User2 to Excel, have Excel calculate the sum and return it to the User3 field. All you need to do is insert an Excel->ACT field in your template.
How is it different from Advanced Excel Templates II?
Advanced Excel Templates II exports data from either the Contact table or the Company table or the Group table or the Opportunity table but cannot combine data from 2 tables (a workaround could be to use Copy Data Between Records). Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II is designed to export data from multiple tables to Excel.
As a consequence, another difference is that Advanced Excel Templates II has the ability to export more than one record at a time (for instance you can create 10 documents with data from 10 different contacts at once), but not Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II (you can create a quote or invoice with multiple opportunities and products but not multiple quotes or invoices at once).
What's new in Excel Quote-Invoice Maker II
- You can now directly create (and attach) your document in PDF format.
- The add-on is a lot faster to scan templates and merge data.
- You can export data from more than 2 tables at a time. For instance you can export contact, company and opportunity data at once. The company will be automatically picked from the contact if you're running it from the contact screen. If you're running it from the company screen, the contact will be picked up from the contacts of the company (with a prompt to select the contact if more than one).
- Settings are now template specific: ie. naming convention, type of attachments, default autonumber.
- You can now collapse empty product lines (it is a template specific setting).
- Templates are regular Excel files. They do not contain macros anymore. They don't have to have a special extension anymore. So you don't need to convert existing files anymore. You can simply add field placeholders in any Excel file.
- Please note that it does not support updating of ACT! without opening Excel anymore. For bi-directional templates, You need to select the Open in Excel option and once Excel opened, you need to click the Transfer Mapped Data to ACT! button to update ACT!. On the other hand, you can now update not only the contact but the company, the group or the opportunity records as well.
» The best way to discover this add-on
is to browse its online help